What causes Truth Decay?
By Bob Elton
Truth decay is caused by poor mental hygiene and a failure to wash one’s axioms before developing a thesis.
Examples of unwashed axioms:
- Scientific method must necessarily reach conclusions without allowing the existence of a creator.
- Causality negates the possibility of free will.
- Algorithms exist for moral issues.
- The existence of evil eliminates the concept of a loving God.
* Truth Decay is a 2018 book by Jennifer Kavanagh and Michael D. Rich published by the Rand Corporation. It discusses the diminishing role of facts and analysis in American public life. Bob Elton’s comment in no way reflects the exegesis of the authors.